The B-Safe 35 line of Britax infant car seats has recently been recalled by federal regulators at the Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
According to safety officials, these Britax infant car seats have defective carrying handles that can crack, break and cause the car seat to fall, putting the infants in them at risk of injury. While Britax has reportedly received at least 70 reports of these defective handles breaking, the manufacturer has revealed that, to date, only one of these reports has involved an infant suffering injuries (specifically head injuries).
The following notes the most important facts that parents should know about this infant car seat recall.
The Facts about the Britax Infant Car Seat Recall
- Specific car seats impacted by the recall – The B-Safe 35 line of Britax car seats that have been recalled specifically include car seats sold in the U.S. from October 2014 up until July 2015 (at various major retailers including Target, Amazon and Babies R Us). While an estimated 71,000 infant car seats have been affected by this recall, the specific travel systems (and model numbers) that are the focus of this recall are as follows:
- B-Safe 35 (E9LU65M, E9LU65P, E9LU63F, E9LU66R, E9LS63F, EXLU65M)
- B-Safe 35 Elite (E9LS55T, E9LS56P, E9LS55U, E9LS66C, E9LS65U)
- B-Safe 35 Travel System (S914900, S915400, S915200, S921900, S01635200)
- The recall remedy – To fix the faulty handles, Britax is sending owners remedy kits. Consumers can request one of these repair kits here.
- Recommendations for consumers affected by this recall – If you own one of the recalled Britax infant car seats, officials are urging you to stop carrying the seat by the faulty handle until the recall remedy has been applied. In the meantime, however, officials have noted that it is still safe to use these car seats in vehicles or strollers (so long as the seats are properly secured in these areas).
Contact a Kingston Personal Injury Lawyer at Charles N. Rock, P.L.L.C.
Have you or someone you love been injured by a faulty car seat – or any defective consumer product? If so, you can turn to Kingston Product Liability Attorney Charles N. Rock for aggressive legal advocacy and effective help obtaining the compensation to which you may be entitled.
To find out more about your best options for moving forward, contact us today to schedule a free, no obligations initial consultation. You can set up this meeting by calling (845) 383-1170 or by emailing us using the contact form on this page. To ensure that you have the legal support you need now, Attorney Charles N. Rock can meet you at your home or a hospital when needed.
From our offices based in Kingston, New York, Charles N. Rock provides the highest quality legal services to clients throughout New York, including those in Newburgh, Poughkeepsie, New Paltz, Hyde Park, Ellenville, Saugerties, Ulster County, Dutchess County, and Orange County.