Texting and Driving is Distracted Driving
Texting and driving is a dangerous and all-too-common practice that causes millions of traffic accidents each year in the U.S. In fact, as the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has uncovered, each year, texting and driving contributes to about 1.3 million (or 23 percent of all) motor vehicle accidents that take place in the U.S.
Given the fact that texting and driving is a form of driver negligence, when people are hurt in traffic accidents caused by motorists who were texting and driving, they:
- Will likely have a case against the negligent driver
- May be able to obtain compensation for their injuries and losses
- Will have the best chances of full financial recovery by retaining trusted Kingston Car Accident Attorney Charles N. Rock.
Texting and Driving: A Closer Look at the Problem
Taking a closer look at some noteworthy statistics related to texting and driving, as compiled by the NHTSA (and some other reputable agencies), can shed some light on how prominent and dangerous this problem actually is:
- Texting while driving can increase the risk of getting into car accidents by up to 23 times.
- Texting and driving can cause impairments similar to those that arise when drivers have consumed four alcoholic beverages.
- Texting and driving is approximately 6 times more likely to result in a traffic accident than drunk driving.
- When drivers text, their braking reaction time slows down by as much as 18 percent.
- Although texting and driving is an issue for many motorists, it’s a particularly serious problem among drivers 20 years old and younger. In fact, about 13 percent of teen drivers involved in traffic accidents admit to texting and driving immediately before the collision.
- Teen drivers who text while driving end up spending at least 10 percent of their driving time outside of their lane of traffic.
Kingston Car Accident Attorney at Charles N. Rock, P.L.L.C.: Experience You Can Trust
Have you or someone you love been injured by a motorist who was texting and driving? If so, you can count on Kingston Car Accident Attorney Charles N. Rock for aggressive legal advocacy and effective help obtaining the compensation to which you may be entitled. For nearly 20 years, Charles N. Rock has been committed to holding individuals and corporations alike responsible for injuring his clients, and he will work tirelessly to help you secure the compensation and justice you likely deserve.
With Kingston Car Accident Attorney Charles N. Rock on your side, you can rest assured that he will:
- Personally oversee your case, providing you with personalized legal representation and honest answers throughout the course of your case
- Stand up to insurance companies on your behalf
- Put all available and appropriate resources towards building you the strongest possible case
- Work diligently to help you obtain the best possible resolution to your case.