Pursuing Restitution – Compensation for Injured Clients
If you have been seriously injured in an auto accident in the Kingston, NY area, you need an experienced auto accident lawyer on your side to help you pursue the compensation you deserve. If you try to handle your auto accident case on your own, you risk:
- Making statements to the insurance company that compromise your rights
- Receiving a much smaller settlement than you deserve
- Having your injuries downplayed to the point where your claim is dismissed
- Never knowing the true value of your injury claim
For all of these reasons, it is essential to find a skilled Newburgh area auto accident lawyer with the experience and strong legal strategies you need to pursue a successful case.
Take Advantage of a Free Auto Accident Case Evaluation
Most auto accident lawyers offer free case evaluations to determine whether or not you have a valid claim. During your initial consultation, consider asking a potential auto accident lawyer the following questions:
- How many years have you practiced auto accident law?
- How often do you handle cases similar to mine?
- In your opinion, do I have a case worth pursuing?
- Which factors do you foresee working in my favor? Which factors would work against me?
- What kind of compensation can I reasonably expect to recover?
- Do you expect we will need to go to trial? Are you prepared to go to trial if necessary?
- What organizations and/or bar associations do you belong to?
- Can you go over the basic process of my case?
- Will I be able to get in contact with you easily?
- How often will you update me on the status of my case?
A good Kingston, NY area auto accident lawyer may anticipate many of these questions and provide you with some of the information upfront. Ultimately, judge their answers with common sense. If they are straightforward, honest, and put you at ease, consider hiring them.
On the other hand, if they seem to dodge a direct answer with vague responses, or if they aren’t willing to candidly discuss expectations, keep looking. You deserve to have an attorney who is genuinely invested in your case, not someone who sees you as another number trailing behind a long list of “more important” cases.
If you are looking for a Kingston, NY auto accident lawyer you can trust, please contact Charles N. Rock, PLLC today to schedule a free case evaluation. We represent injured auto accident victims in the Kingston, New Paltz, Newburgh, Middletown, New Windsor, and Poughkeepsie, NY areas of New York.